Thoughts that I don't really NEED to tell to the sisterhood...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Simple request really...

I have a few simple requests of everyone that comes into the pharmacy to pick up medications
  1. Know the person who you are picking up meds for.
    • Also know a few simple facts about the person, like date of birth and address. A phone number would be nice as well
  2. Know something about the insurance.
    • I'm not talking about knowing all the details, but knowing if there is coverage, and being able to present a card on demand would be nice, and as an added bonus, knowing the name of the provider.
  3. Know how many medications you are looking for and what they are
    • If you answer "I don't know" to the question of how many, and I come back to you with three and you go, "oh no, that's wrong" then you are to blame, not me.
    • If you say you don't know what meds the doctor prescribed, but he should have called in something, makes it rather difficult to tell which specific thing you want when you only want one of the three things I have ready for you.
  4. Please, stay off the cell phone.
    • If you press the drive-thru call button (meaning that you are ready for service) and you are on the cell phone, you are not ready for service
    • The cell phone does not need to be dialed the second that I tell you I have a slight issue. Most of the time all I need to do is to look at the insurance card and the issue will be fixed. Or I need to know if you really are allergic to penicillin. You don't need to call somebody to answer these questions. Seriously.
Thankfully, these problems can be fixed with tequila.

No comments: